Hi there! Welcome to my neck of the woods!
I was born and raised in a small town in upstate New York where I have lived all of my life up until now.
My journey towards this new space was intentionally designed this way throughout the course of my time here. Life certainly isn’t easy and it’s specifically designed that way for many reasons…let me give you the cliff notes version.
Last October Mike and I moved to western New York due to an incredible work opportunity that was presented to him. We had known about this move for well over a year (ring in the anxiety), and then come March 2020 the world stopped (pandemic). This made the thought of moving seem even more impossible.
Our move was specifically difficult because of the pieces that I consciously knew I would have to sacrifice and ultimately leave in my rearview. For the last 70 years, my family has owned and operated a restaurant that is very meaningful to both my family and the people of our community. We live, sleep, and breathe this business and I quickly came to a major cross-roads where I had to choose between staying or going. A decision like this was one that I knew I would have to face at some point in my lifetime, I just didn’t know when. This business truly made me into the person I am today, I’ve been blessed with the gift to gab, I have a passion for being in the kitchen, and I have developed an eye for design.
Where am I going with this…
So it has almost been six-months since our move and I have been through a few life changing events since last March. I’ve been spending a considerable amount of time at home really digging deep into where I feel “at home” and truly happy.
Beyond the move and the pandemic, I knew that I had to find the middle ground of living a well-balanced and happy life again. It was time to put myself first and go all in on whatever makes me happy and fulfilled.
Those things simply include design, food creation, and lifestyle. This new space of mine will be the showcase to all of the beautiful things that life has to offer without having to compromise good intentions and your wallet.
In the end, life should be lived simply and always with the upmost intention.
It’s the little things…
- I am an extroverted homebody who would rather stay home and host for friends & family. Home is my happy place.
- I listen to Megyn Kelly’s Podcast every.single.day.
- My top 3 favorite things are leisure walks up and down the aisles of HomeGoods and Target, baking chocolate chip cookies, and sitting on the beach in Cape Cod.
- I only spend money on things that I 100% need and that will last me a long time. I refuse to buy just to buy, I am incredibly conscious of what I spend my money on.
- I’m a proud dog mom to Emmi and Gunner.
- I cherish my relationship with Mike, we’re each others best friends.
“Give your obstacles credit”-Matthew McConaughey